Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Baseball wishes

I'm jumping in on the Apron Strings Bday Bash #4 challenge.  We were supposed to pick our favorite types of cakes from a list of possibilities.  I chose choc. cake, coconut cream filling, choc. frosting and icing letters.
That got me a brown background, summer print paper, ribbon and rub on letters.  I made this one a bit quickly but I did it as it came to me.  I was going to use a bright floral print but then I came across some baseball paper I was given and thought of the hubby and The Boy who happened to be at a baseball game while I was working.  It went from there.  I stretched "ribbon" a bit to twine (and tied it a bit like a baseball bat... a bit!) and honestly, I don't have any rub-on letters.  I thought I did but they turned out to be stickers so I used them instead (if I hadn't told you, you might not know.)  I can see this going to one of The Boy's friends this summer for a birthday card.

The brown papers are Kraft and Close to Cocoa (SU) and the "Have A" is from SU's Prehistoric Party set.  The baseball paper... couldn't tell you.  I picked some cuts of it up from a "freebies" table at an all-day scrap I went to. 

I'm also entering this in Kraftin' Kimmie's #68 challenge: Twine or floss

3/8 Note: Hmmm.  Apparently this was supposed to be a layout for AS Bday bash... oops.  :)  That's ok.  I'll still get some use from the card.

2 comments:

  1. What a great card! Good job of interpreting your cake ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cards are totally okay! LOL, it's super cute! Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete