Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

This is Halloween, this is Halloween...

Ok.  So there's this cool challenge over at SweetStamps.com: Challenge 5: Vellum or Parchment.  I kinda wanted to get in on it but was coming up a bit blank on what to do.  I looked at the DT samples.  GORGEOUS florals.  I looked at entries.  GORGEOUS florals.  What's a girl who's generally not into florals to do?  Hey!  Let's see what's on the stamp shelf that would look great in white... look!  A skeleton and a ghost!  Cool!  Halloween!  :) 
I feel that there's still something missing but I haven't figured out what. Part of me is screaming to put a black glittery flower on in place of the left bottom bat... we'll see. And yes, the crow at the top does stick up off of the edge. I like it as a topper.
The skeleton was stamped with VersaMark, topped with Heat & Stick powder and topped again with black glitter.  I then flipped it and dry embossed the back side of the vellum so that the skeleton raised and turned white.


Ingredients:
Stamps: SU's Scary Skeleton
Ink: VersaMark
Paper: SU: Elegant Eggplant (I think... definitely SU though!), Cast-a-Spell DSP, White vellum
           The Paper Company Studio: Jeepers Creepers Candy Corn Stripe, Black CS from Michaels
Accessories: SU: Heat & Stick powder, Martha Stewart: Black glitter, Cricut: Happy Hauntings


Other challenges:
Sweet Stampin Challenge:

11 comments:

  1. Very cool card, I love Halloween and what a perfect image to use on vellum. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Sweet Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love what you did with the skeleton. Thanks for joining our challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is certainly different. I love it great use of vellum Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stamps this week
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! Love the Halloween idea and use of vellum.
    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card for halloween.
    Thankyou for joining us girlies over at Sweet Stampin, good luck.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your out of the box thinking, not everyone is into florals huh! I think what you've done is fab & that frame is super! Thanks so much for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge, hope to see you again next week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great card, thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampin. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great Halloween Card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps....

    Dawn B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card, I love the etched skeleton! Thanks for joining the challenge at SweetStamps.com this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWZER!!! One Fabulous card!! I think it is great just the way it is!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps Challenge!

    ReplyDelete