Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

2010 Card Book

So who doesn't get a load of cards, especially if you're a kid.  Notice it's not a question.  There's the birthday, Christmas, Valentines (all the little minis they get from classmates), etc. etc.  I hate to throw them all away but what the heck am I going to do with them all?  Right now, they just clutter up storage space that I'd happily fill with more craft supplies if I weren't keeping them in odds-and-ends piles.  I don't want to just craft them or recycle them because I think Boy might be interested in looking at them in the future, particularly the photo cards of his friends.  Enter an idea I saw the other day and I'm SO sorry to whoever posted it because I have NO idea who you are any longer- I didn't bookmark the page.  SORRY.

I made a book with ring bindings that I can store all of those cards in and I'm hoping to make it a yearly thing.  I just started with last year's cards because those happened to be the ones I laid hands on first.



Ingredients:
Book base: 1 cereal box with the front and back cut down to a bit larger than the biggest card I want to keep in the book
Paper: My Mind's Eye Complete Boy Collection
Ink: SU's True Thyme, Old Olive and Certainly Celery, Tim Holtz's Antique Linen
Stamps: Hero Arts Banners, SU's Brushstroke Alphabet, Small alphabet from Target's $ Aisle
Die: Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large
Stickers: Stamps/Postmarks but I don't know from who- I've had them for a LONG time.
Ribbons: Fiber ribbon: SU, Twill tape from Joann's (colored with the inks)
Misc: Pop-dots (the banners are pop-dotted at the top and taped at the bottom to give them a bit of depth while keeping their tearing possibilities low.)

Challenges:
CropStop Sketch #14
Craft Your Passion #52: Anything Goes
Craft Test Dummies Green/Recycled Link Party (The cardboard box base is definitely recycled and using stickers I think I've had around for at 8yrs has to count for SOMETHING!).  Heck, just binding up old cards into a book makes me happy!  :)

9 comments:

  1. Great idea! Do glad you stopped by, just became a follower! Great blog!
    TFS!
    shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card book. Just dropping in from Getting Cricky hop I am a new follower.
    Judy
    http://craftyjar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya jen , what a fab idea now i have some ideas to add to this , tfs and i am following you now ,
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liam is one lucky little guy, and this collectors book will be so appreciated now and treasured as he gets older. Thanks for sharing this latest creation in the CropStop Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card book love all the details thank you for joining us at Craft your passion, good luck in the draw
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card. thank you so much for sharing in our crop stop challenge.
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea! I save cards too and this would be an awesome thing to do with them. Thanks for the inspiration and playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this...great take on the Crop Stop Sketch! Thanks for entering the Crop Stop Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete