Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fish card

Very simple but I like it.  I stamped the inside with individual letters so it's a bit rough and off-centered, "Just keep swimming". 


If anyone knows a good way to keep the tape from showing through vellum, let me know.  I've tried actual vellum tapes with the same success as normal Tombow seen here.  I know you can strategically put bows and things on them but I just wanted this plain and clean.

Ingredients:
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Vellum: SU,  Light Blue: Michaels
Ink: Basic Black: SU,  Tuxedo Black: Momento
Stamps: On the Beach, Just Beachy: SU  Alphabet: Studio G
Misc: Copics, Joann's Glitter

Challenges:
Pixie Dust Studio Challenge #7: Let's make a splash
Here Come the Boys #1: Anything Goes

I made this card to send to Dustin Pike who will be giving it to a sick boy named Dylan. Have a look at Dustin's site for more info.

8 comments:

  1. This is awesome Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's awesome! lol! I love how fun it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Fish Images, You know what they say too - Less is More! Thanks for joining in at Here Come The Boys. Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable. Thanks for taking the Pixie Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card made me giggle! It is perfect in it's simplicity. Bows and excess embellies would have detracted from the ocean. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! thanks for joining us at HCTB, hope to see you again, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab card. Thanks for joining in our first challenge at Here Comes The Boys, and I hope we will see you again.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how cute! Love your design! thanks for joining us at Pixie Dust Studio this week!

    ReplyDelete