Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A new way of working

This sounds silly but I've always wanted to try making a simple card.  My cards tend to always include hand coloring or fussy cutting or, more frequently, both.  I've been wanting to try something nice and simple, quite possibly with a felt accent on it.  Within the past week, I've gotten a few great kicks in the butt to do so. 
1. I received a FABU goodie box from my Write.Click.Scrapbook birthday party win this summer, many thanks to the talented Lisa Kisch.  There were some great felt pieces in that package.
2. A few weeks ago I won a SRM sticker package from a Scrapbooking News and Review giveaway and I really wanted to try to use some of them- I've never used stickers except a few rare alphas.
3. I saw some really fantastic simple cards from Piradee Talvanna in an American Crafts Studio blog post.

I definitely CASed Piradee's 2nd card- these didn't come naturally to me but I want to make a stash of these for birthdays and such.  I like the ice cream cone card more than the flower but I'm just happy that I made these two.  :)
Ingredients:
Cardstock (Stampin' Up)
DSP: ?  These were from a stack of random cut 6x6's I received from someone
Stickers: SRM
Felts: Flower (Pebbles?), Ice Cream Cone (Joann's)

Challenges:
SRM: World Card Making Day

1 comment:

  1. You do CAS cards so well, please try more! Don't you love those SRM Stickers? They make CAS cards a breeze!

    ReplyDelete