Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Egg Hunt pages

Well, since it's getting close to egg hunt time, I thought I'd scrap one... from 2009.  Hey!  At least I'm gettin' it done!  ;)

Ingredients:
All print paper: DCWV Lemon Flower Stack
White paper: Stampin' Up
Egg Stamps: Studio G?
Twine: Divine Twine
Misc: Gem brads, Thickers
Challenges:
  • Craft Marathon: Miles 1&2: Apple Green AND Miles 3&4: Yellow.  I almost never use either Apple Green OR yellow but when I was thinking about scrapping these photos, it was after both of these challenges were posted.  I initially planned to do the first page but wanted to also incorporate the playground photos.  I decided to do the 2nd page and yellow was the perfect color for it. 
  • Apron Strings: #9: Do a layout in an hour.  I was doing good until I decided that the banner should be little eggs.  If it weren't for those, I think an hour would have been good for one, a bit longer for the whole spread though doing the 2nd page was easy after I figured out the 1st.  Though bloody little eggs added at least another hour to the project.
  • Desert Island Crafters: #25:  2 or more patterned papers, stars, green, sparkle/bling, kraft, polka dots, twine, stitching (faux or real), 2 or more die cuts, stickers
  • Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes
  • Frosted Designs: Sketch Challenge #34

5 comments:

  1. I love the fact that you flipped to create a page two. Awesome job with the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us for our latest sketch challenge over at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job you did! A perfect balance for a double pager to flip the sketch - good thinking! Curse those pesky eggs for making you miss your deadline but oh so worth it :0) Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO! Thanks for joining us at Desert Islands Crafts itinerary challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute layouts of your Easter Egg hunt! I like the sketch you used as a guideline. Your choice of papers is cute, too. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the eggs despite the fact they through you over the time, such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete