Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's card #2 for the day!

Yeah. Did I mention I went a bit crazy with the Valentine's cards today?  This one turned out SO much better than I could have hoped.  I don't usually use markers to color my stamps since I don't 1. stamp with "solid" stamps often and 2. stamp with solid ornate stamps at all.  Until now.  I stumbled on a Stampin' Up Valentine's stamp I got after the big day last year.  Needless to say, it's been languishing unused and pretty much forgotten on the shelf.  However, I found it again today and decided it needed a bit more than a single ink-pad treatment so I thought I'd try my markers, not truly expecting anything great.  I actually stamped off the hot pink once just to see how it was starting to look.  When it looked good, I thought I'd leave it that way and maybe get a lighter pink off of those areas.  And it worked.  SHOCKER!  :)  Here's the final result with an updated REAL light photo.
The "love" sentiment is a bit more blah than I'd like but the stamped image is definitely the focal point anyway.

Ingredients: All Stampin' Up except markers
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Pink Passion
Stamps: Be My Valentine, Wonderful Words
Ink: Basic Black
Punch: Heart-to-Heart
Markers: Le Plume II


Challenges:
Craft Your Passion #96: Anything goes with no patterned paper

Apron Strings Bingo Card: Paint or Ink.  I hope I'm not pushing this one too far but I'm saying ink/markers on the stamped image since it's its own type of beast and not just a plain stamped image.


Just to get EVERYTHING out there from today, I also banged out this simple little thing for my 4yr old.  He's an absolute olive JUNKIE and I bought this set just for this one stamp for him.  It's an SU set on SU paper and colored with SU pastels.  The 2nd sentiment is from a Katie & Co. stamp.

2 comments:

  1. That heart looks amazing.Beautiful work.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cards you've cranked out. Now are they stash, or were they used? Good job.

    ReplyDelete