Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Another Tim Holtz Tag

There's a challenge up at L3 that I thought I'd try.  I actually made the "real" tag at one of the classes I took so I thought I'd try the challenge from a whole different angle.

I used Now and Always AGAIN.  Yeah.  Third time in a week.  What can I say- I like the set and it's kinda fun to see how many different ways I can use it in.  ... oh wait!  You won't see one use of it until Friday!  And it's a good one if I do say so myself- stay tuned! 

In short, I stamped the large flower in white and embossed it.  I then took the distress inks, tapped them on a craft mat, spritzed them with water and then rubbed the tag in it.  I repeated this get the look I wanted.  I stamped the 2nd flower on top of that, and the butterfly and vine on DP.  I fussy cut those, glossy glazed the vine, paper pieced the leaves on it with some other DP, and then glued the vine only through the hole so it's almost like a ribbon, and the butterflies on top/around the vine.

I really like the way the shadows from the white riboon and the vine play on the tag.  I included photos so that was a bit more visible- the ribbons in the 2nd photo, the vine in the 3rd.

Ingredients:
Stamps: (Now and Always): ippity

Paper: All prints from a stack that lost its cover- My Mind's Eye maybe, Manilla folder
Ink: (Black Soot, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Broken China): Tim Holtz, (Whisper White): Stampin' Up
Misc: (Clear EP): JoAnns, (Ribbon): May Arts

Challenges:
L3:
#38: Tim Holtz 2007 #2 tag
Better Living Through Scrapbooking: Green & White + anything goes
Desert Island Crafters: #26: Distressed, Anything but a card, Fussy cutting
Whimsical Wednesday: #45: Green
Craft Your Passion: #100: Anything Goes
The Crafters Cafe: #2: Ribbon/Lace
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturdays: Use Your Stash (I won't tell you how long I've had that leaf ribbon hanging around while I tried to figure out how to use it.)
ippity Opportunity: Winged Things
Sweet Stampin' Challenge: Nature, Bugs & Bees
Unique Crafters Challenge: #1: Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous Tags and these are gorgeous butterflies.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl just love this tag!!! The butterflies and the green are the perfect match!! Thanks for joining us at The Crafters Cafe challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tag is downright gorgeous! Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Tag, thanks so much for playing with us at The CCCB.

    I have some yummy blog candy here‘s the link if you are interested

    Xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rwally pretty, love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Desert Islands Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful, great colours. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful tag ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tag is so lovely! I love the vine and the tendrils! Great work! Thanks for joining us this month at Unique Crafters Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous tag. Love everything about this project. Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag.Love the added dimension.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome Tag! Thanks so much for playing with us at CCCB!

    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! So pretty! I love the colors, and it makes me feel like spring is really here! Thank you for playing along with DICC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome creation! Love this tag! Thank you so much for playing with us this month at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog! Best of luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Karen C (TCCCB DT)
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how STUNNING!! Thanks for joining us in the March 4th Unity Opportunity Ippity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete