Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Joy card

I was invited to play along this week at A La Card Monkey and I did so happily.  I was a bit tight on time but thought I'd try something I don't usually do- popping pastels.  The challenge was a sketch + theme of "joy".

The time constraint meant that I didn't have a chance to mull it over much so I went a bit obvious on the "joy" portion of the challenge and that lead me into the colors and general look.


Ingredients:
Stamps: (Silhouette Song Bird): Unity

Ink: (Versamark): Tsukineko
Paper: (Very Vanilla, Red): Stampin' Up, (Christmas Magic): Little Yellow Bicycle
Misc: (Pastels): Stampin' Up

Challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: #72:
Traditional Colors
Christmas Card Challenge #24: Older stamp
Unity Stamp Challenge: Stripes
Simon Says: Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation, I don't think I've tried that technique, gosh, you make it beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love the bird and layout and the bow works perfectly. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really super take on the challenge! I have this stamp & adore what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Pretty! I really like how you did the corners of the paper! Love that Technique too! Thanks for being a GD for us this week at A La Card Monkey!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen,
    Well , I’m back and I have the rest of today free so as to catch up on everyone’s creations since I have been away refurbishing my old house.
    I adore reading the blog’s and looking at all the lovely cards and projects, almost as much as making the cards myself.
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog , its so nice to keep in touch.
    I think this is where I left you, what a great Christmas card , lovely bird and the card is super you followed the sketch so well.
    I love your camper van card its great ! Your growing in unity Thanks card is beautiful , what great brayering and stamping Jen.
    I love the twinkle twinkle cards too , infact all your cards are super.
    Great work well done ,
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete