Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

GHWI Color Challenge LO

I wanted to share my second Get Hippity with Ippity inspiration project.  The challenge this month is two-fold.  First, the mandatory, a color challenge.  The second, an optional, a wedding/anniversary/engagement theme.  These are the colors and they're GORGEOUS.

Unlike my first project, I didn't go with the optional theme this time.  Instead, I did a scrapbook page just as a reminder that projects don't need to be cards.  

I used a Studio Calico sketch for the design.  It's not my usual style but it intrigued me so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  I'm planning to do a 2nd page to go with this one- it feels some what empty and unbalanced to me the way it is but I need to figure out the design first because I'd like to include quite a few more pix on it.  

Once more, I used one of my favorite ippity sets- The Best.  The banner stamps worked perfectly with the sketch I used- could have almost been made for it! 
Please join us and give this challenge a try.  A random winner will be able to select any ippity set they'd like from Aletha Williams.  Entering the challenge gets you one entry, using an ippity or Unity stamp gets you another.  We'd love to see your work!

Ingredients:
Stamps: (The Best): ippity
Ink: (Summer Sun, Night of Navy, Regal Rose): Stampin' Up
Paper: (Whisper White, Summer Sun, Night of Navy, Regal Rose): Stampin' Up
Misc: (White Mr. Huey, Cardstock stickers): Studio Calico, (Curling Tag): Making Memories, (Brad): Basic Grey,  (Yellow alpha stickers): Jenni Bowlin, DIY twine

Challenges: :
Jessica's Craft Shaque: Something a bit dusty: The small yellow letters came in a kit I received a year and a half ago and have never used.  The title letters were masked from the leftovers of a chipboard alpha set I got at a CKC class last July.
Studio Calico: Sunday Sketch- pg 2

16 comments:

  1. This is cute - the photos as fabuoous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Jen , I like the bunting it draws your eye across the page to the journaling . great photo's too well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! I'll check out your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great layout. I have that stamp set on my 'wish list' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout. That stamp set was one of my must-haves. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! So cute! I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a darling layout!!
    That is one of my FAVE Ippity sets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute layout. I like that little cluster of fun in the top left corner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to use up those dusty supplies Jen! Love this layout. Thanks for linking up at The Shaque.
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete