Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Two Wild and Crazy Guys card

I LOVE Lily Chilvers' images over at the Octopode Factory.  LOVE them.  And I have to say I'm totally in like with how this card came out.   I've been wanting to use my Tweedledee and Tweedledum image but just hadn't gotten to them until now.  I saw that there's a circle challenge over at OF and finally had to break the boys out.


I wanted to show the background but Dee and Dum sort of vanished into it (which actually made for a great psychedelic look but not what I was going for) so I double-layered vellum behind them, allowing the background to come through but in a more muted way.  I also pop-dotted the boys to make them stand out even a bit more.  I could have added more to it to dress it all up a bit but I like it plain and simple the way it is.

I also added a freebie OF put out the other month, Keep Calm and Carry On (this is going to a teacher who's about to start back- I felt it's rather appropriate. LOL!)



Ingredients:
Images: Octopode Factory

Ink: (Green Galore, Brilliant Blue): Stampin' Up
Paper: (Vellum, Basic Black, Whisper White): Stampin' Up
Misc: (Texture plate): Fiskars, Copics

Challenges:
  • Octopode Factory: Circles
  • DYSU: #86: Fantasy
  • Craft Your Passion: #125: Embossing  (The circular background was made by rubbing blue and green inks on a embossing/texture plate and then running it through the press- the white circles are raised.)
  • Simon Says Stamp & Show: Inspired by Summer Distress (LOVE the new colors, esp. the Mowed Lawn & Salty Ocean... and the NAMES!  Don't get me started!)

10 comments:

  1. Very cool, fabulous image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great - love the boys!!
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card!! Super cool image ;) Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up. Hugs, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fantastic image! Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The image is so cool! There's something very Halloween-y in it. Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this image! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the use of vellum on your fab card!
    Pssst - you're a winner on my blog - congrats! :D
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funky and Fun card! Cool images! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic work. thanks for playing along with toff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me smile today , fab work Jen . Love your bag above you were tidy as a child, I don't like throwing away either , thank you so much for your super comments on my blog . Have a super weekend
    Big Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete